Who Should Use VisualGSM
Anyone can use the Lite edition. Not only is it intended for home users
but it is also built to empower business organizations to either send
or broadcast SMS from their computers or from their websites. This will
allow your websites to become fully SMS enabled. Not only will your websites
encounter more friends and customer visits but it might just give you
the added technological advantage that you need in today's era. To make
it even more exciting; imagine using a laptop, your mobile phone and data
cable and an internet connection, you can allow your website to send SMS
even when you're on the go! The benefits are almost limitless.
How Does It Work
Simply by attaching your mobile phone to your PC with a Phone-to-PC data
cable. And with the VisualGSM SMS Broadcast Server Lite edition, you are
able to send SMS from your desktop.
To SMS-enable your website, follow the above mentioned steps. With the
Broadcast Server installed on your web server, visitors to your web site
would be able to send SMS messages to other mobile subscribers through
your website via your mobile phone and at your expense. But with so many
free SMS given by some telecommunication operators, this would be just
a little price to pay as compared to what you will be getting in added
- An IBM Compatible Computer with Intel Pentium® III processor and
- Microsoft Windows 98 and above.
- A compatible mobile phone; preferably Siemens C35/S35, with an
accompanying compatible data cable or IrDA port. Alternatively, a GSM
modem, e.g. Wavecom, can be used.
- An accompanying data cable for your phone, which will allows your
phone to "talk" to your computer
- And as little as 5 minutes to install, configure and sending your
- Empowers you with the ability to send a normal text message to anyone
any group in the world using GSM mobiles from your desktop, your website
and your custom built applications.
- Support for unicode messaging which allows users to send Chinese SMS
within the same mobile network. Users will need third party applications
like Chinese Star.
- Offers you the ability to send Flash SMS to any recipient in the same
- Compatible with most GSM modems (e.g. Wavecom), and certain GSM
mobile phone models, in particular Siemens C35/S35. Allows you to connect
your device to the server via device-PC serial data cable or device-PC
serial infrared/IrDA ports.
- Can be deployed across web-based intranets and extranets.
- Features a messaging addressbook, import and export of message lists
with mobile numbers from Internet Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape
Mail/Messenger, and Eudora Pro/Light.
- Auto-detect function allows you to automatically detect your device
- Message merge capability similar to "mail merge" allows
you to merge entire
message lists addressees to broadcast messages, for personalization
- Includes API to 3rd party applications. Supports Java servlets, ASP,
PHP, Perl, C, C++, Delphi and Visual Basic.
VisualGSM Mobile Application
Server Enterprise Series
For that added performance, you may wish to upgrade to the more powerful
enterprise series. The enterprise series is packed full of powerful features
that will enable your business organization to be in the forefront of
the competition. It gives your website a two-way interaction that allows
staff, business partners and customers to immediately retrieve critical
information anywhere, anytime. It also comes with the feature that allows
smart-load balancing and comes packaged with an industrial standard GSM
modem. For more information, click here.